Mittwoch, 21. November 2012

Big update

Cryengine 3
Time to make a big update about the recent project status. First of all my partner left the project and I wish him all the best for his future Animation project and so from now on I will work alone on this. The next big news is that I switched from the Unity3D engine to the fabulous Cryengine 3 from Crytek. The reason is simple, the Cryengine is already perfectly optimized for FPS games and I hope it will save me some time in developing. And with the Crymono plugin it should be possible to reuse the C# code for the head tracking and the Move Controllers, in the Cryengine where the source code is primarily written in C++. I am already working since August with the Cryengine and I am pretty sure that my next game demo will give the player a much more immersive experience, especially due to the new graphical look.